Use your smartphone as your library card!
New feature for library card customers:
Now you can also use your smartphone as your library card!
How it works
Using your smartphone as your library card is pretty simple. Here's how it works:
· Install a loyalty card app on your phone (see instructions below)
· Select your books and other library materials
· Go to the self-checkout machine or Circulation Desk
· Open the app where your library card is stored
· Hold your phone up to the scanner
· Proceed with checkout as usual
That's it. Now let's get a loyalty card app on your device:
Installing a loyalty card app
Just follow these steps to install CardStar or Keyring on your phone and add your library card. There are other options out there too. As long as the barcode can be scanned, we can accept it.
1. Download the Cardstar app for your phone
2. Open the CardStar app
3. Tap on “Get Started”
4. Touch the Scan Number button
6. Scan the barcode on your card
7. Select a merchant by typing in “Chicopee Public Library”
8. Tap on Add Card
9. Scroll to right and create a free account
How to find the Card Star app:
1. Download the Key Ring app for your phone
2. Open the Key Ring app
3. Create an account
4. Touch the plus sign (+) button in the upper right
5. Scan the barcode on your library card
6. Touch "Select a Store" and select "Other Retailer Not Listed"
7. Type in Chicopee Public Library
8. Touch "Next" in the upper right
9. Touch "Finish" to complete the process
How to find the Key Ring app: